Saturday 22 August 2009

Get more 'bottle' Monkeys


Alex Turner comes to term with being a songwriter21 August 2009 - With a Mercury Prize nominated side project under his belt and two year's since Arctic Monkeys' last album frontman Alex Turner seems more comfortable than ever as a musician. "Perhaps I've come to terms with the idea of writing, or being a 'songwriter'," he accepted to Steve Lamacq on 6 Music. "It's a term that used to send a shivers down my spine. It just felt a bit like I should have a cut away acoustic guitar or something." There's one weekend left until the discharge of Arctic Monkeys' intercepted third album Humbug on Monday 24 August, a record which Turner claims contains more "personal elements". "Perhaps because it's written with more of a veil over it, that allows you to put in more emotion," he explained. "I didn't want make up a load of characters this time and I maybe just got a act more bottle to write a love song."

No comments:

Post a Comment